Online Free Prize Draw Privacy Notice
Last updated: 12 April, 2022
International Cookware respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal data about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice only applies to personal data that we collect through our Free Prize Draw at https://www.instagram.com/duralex_uk (“Free Prize Draw”).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
International Cookware is a provider of glassware and kitchenware items, headquartered in France but with group companies in the UK, Italy and Spain. We are running this Free Prize Draw to promote our products and to grow our social communities.
The personal data that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Free Prize Draw, or the process to sign-up for the Free Prize Draw, may ask you to provide personal data voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, submit enquiries to us, and/or to administer prizes. The personal data that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal data.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you play our Free Prize Draw, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area/UK, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Free Prize Draw, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who play our Free Prize Draw and where they come from. We use this information for internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of the Free Prize Draw.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below: Cookies Policy -Duralex® Website UK
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal data about you from third party sources (including Facebook and/or Instagram), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal data to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include your user name and we use the information we receive from these third parties to administer the Free Prize Draw in accordance with the rules.
In general, we will use the personal data we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal data. However, we may also use your personal data for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
This Free Prize Draw is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who:
- provide services to us, for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Free Prize Draw, including Facebook and Instagram.
- otherwise process personal data for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal data.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal data only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you.
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make this clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Free Prize Draw servers are located in France, and our group companies and third party service providers (Facebook & Instagram) and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal data we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal data will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below .
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, UK, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact our data protection officer using the following details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data controller of your personal data is Dominique Picou for International Cookware Ltd which is registered with the Company registration number 5631456.