This policy sets out information on how we collect, use, store, disclose, and otherwise process personal data concerning you when you use our website at www.uk.duralex.com ("the Website") and order goods and services from it. It also explains the rights and choices available to you with respect to that personal data. Please read the following carefully.
We are required by the applicable law to provide you with the information in this Privacy Notice. In the UK and the EU, the main body of law concerning personal data is the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) as it is saved and incorporated into United Kingdom law by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and as modified by the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019.
When we use the terms "personal data", "data subject", "controller", "process", and “supervisory authority" in this Privacy Notice, they have the meaning given in the GDPR, but the meaning should also be readily discernible from reading this Privacy Notice.WHO WE ARE
We are New Duralex International (a French Company located at 7, rue du Petit Bois 45380 La Chapelle Saint-Mesmin) registered under no. 892 108 663 (“IC” or “we”, “us” or “our”).
We are the controller of your personal data in relation to the processing set out in this Privacy Notice. This means we determine the means and purposes of the processing, and we have the lawful basis for that processing as detailed below.PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may provide personal data concerning you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to a service, search for a product, place an order on the Website, or enter a competition, promotion or survey, or other activities commonly carried out on the Website and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Identification Data this include your full name, date of birth, delivery and billing addresses, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, and any personal description you provide.
- Transaction Data. We collect information relating to transactions, including purchases of products and services, that you enter into with us. Examples of such information include the type of products or services requested or purchased, order details, delivery information, amount charged, payment method and payment information (e.g., debit or credit card number), billing or shipping information, and information about any products or services you returned or exchanged with us.
- Customer Relationship Data. We collect information relating to our customer relationships, which may include customer name, employer, contact details (e.g., email and phone number), and information contained in communications between us and our customers.
- Demographic Data. We may collect specific or general demographic data when you fill out forms or surveys on the Website or sign up for and participate in events, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and special programs that we provide.
When you visit and use the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical Information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information About Your Visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number, order history.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, the other services we provide or any of our social media. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.HOW WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
We use personal information for a variety of purposes, in each case one or more lawful bases may apply to such processing as described in more detail below.
We process personal data concerning you, in order to pursue our legitimate business interests, to provide and support our products and services. These activities may include, among other things, using information to:
- administer your account.
- debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of the Website.
- complete transactions you request, including to process payments and to fulfill and manage your orders, returns, and exchanges.
- contact you about your account, transactions, and/or use of the Website (e.g., account management, customer service, delivery updates, product updates and warranty information, policy changes, security updates, or system maintenance).
- enforce our terms, conditions, policies and other agreements.
- respond to or follow-up on your questions, comments, reviews, and other requests, including to provide customer service.
- verify individual identity.
- improve, personalize, and develop our products and services. We use the information we collect to improve and personalize our product offerings, marketing and promotional efforts, and to develop new ones. These activities may include, among other things, using information to enable and enhance your use of our Services, including to identify your product and services preferences, provide personalized content and information, and assist with monitoring your performance.
- monitor statistics and usage trends among consumers in the cooking and lifestyle product sector.
- perform research and development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analysis in order to develop new or improve existing products and services, and performing quality control activities.
- provide customer support. When you contact us for customer support or any other reason (e.g., to help you complete the account registration process, diagnose or fix technology problems, respond to a dispute, etc.), we may use or request information, as necessary to answer your questions, resolve disputes, and/or investigate and troubleshoot problems or complaints.
- conduct surveys and obtain testimonials. From time to time we (or third parties acting on our behalf) may contact you to participate in research, surveys or to provide reviews and testimonials. We use such information to improve our products, our Services, and in any manner consistent with this Privacy Notice. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information, which may include personal information. You are in control of the information you would like to share with us.
In addition to the above, we may process personal data concerning you:
- In order to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or in connection with a legal process. This may include using information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to: (i) comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to proper governmental request or investigation. (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. (iii) protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions. and (iv) to protect yours, ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
- When you create an online account, or opt in to our electronic mailing list, you will be asked for your consent. If you opt in, we may send you product and promotional emails or notifications about offers on new products, services, promotions or contests. All such communications will be at all times in accordance with the applicable laws on electronic marketing. You can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications at any time.
- In the future, we may also process your information for a purpose not otherwise described in this Privacy Notice in accordance with your consent or instructions. In such cases you may withdraw or restrict your consent at any time.
We have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by phone, if permitted to do so by law.
If you create an account on the Website, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, selecting a strong password and constructing a unique password. You are also responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, we share information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share some or all of your information with our group of companies that are under common ownership or control (this means our affiliates, subsidiaries, holding company, or any other subsidiaries owned by our holding company) for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Business Transactions. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of a business transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Professional Advisors. We share information with our legal, financial, insurance, and other professional advisers in connection with the management of all or part of our business or operations. Examples include obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- Service Providers. We share information with third-party suppliers, vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf, including order fulfillment and shipping, payment processing, customer support, hosting, information technology and security, fraud prevention, mail and email distribution, events, contests, and promotion administration, marketing, advertising, and analytics services.
- Where Required or Permitted by Law or Legal Process. We may disclose information where we believe disclosure is necessary or required (i) to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or in response to requests by law enforcement authorities, government or public agencies or officials, or regulators. (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- Third-Party Partners and Co-Sponsors. We may offer contests, sweepstakes, events, or other promotions with third-party partners or co-sponsors. If you decide to enter a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion that is sponsored by a third-party partner, the information you provide will be shared with us and with them. Their use of your information is not governed by this Privacy Notice.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may share your information with third-parties for purposes not described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice with your consent or at your direction.
At present, the transfer of personal data from the UK to the EEA and vice versa is not deemed a restricted transfer.
We do not currently transfer personal data concerning our customers and Website users outside the EEA, but if we need to, we shall ensure it is protected by a relevant safeguard, and ensure your rights and freedoms as a data subject are protected at all times.YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Data Protection Laws, you have certain rights relating to your personal information which are set out below. Please note that not all these rights are absolute, and they do not apply in all circumstances. We will process your request in accordance with applicable law. When you make a request, we may require proof and verification of identity and jurisdiction of residency to protect your privacy and security.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. To the extent we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out before consent was withdrawn.
- Right of Access. You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and certain information relating to how and why we are processing it.
- Right of Rectification. You have the right to request that we correct or supplement inaccurate or incomplete personal information we process about you.
- Right of Erasure (or, “Right to be Forgotten”). You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you.
- Right to Restriction of our Processing. You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information.
- Right to Data Portability. In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to request that we provide the personal information which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit such personal information to another controller without hindrance.
- A Right to Object to Processing. In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data carried out by us or on our behalf.
- Right to File A Complaint. If you think we have not complied with the requirements of the law as it applies to your personal data, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection supervisory authority. The Supervisory Authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): email@example.com or 0303 123 1113 / +44 1625 545 700. ico.org.uk.
- You can find details of EEA Supervisory Authorities here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en .
- If you have questions or comments about anything in this Privacy notice or your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us on the contact form.
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice in the future, any such changes will be posted on this page, the date of the current version is shown at the top of this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes. Where we make major changes, that may affect your rights as a data subject, these will be notified to you by e-mail where you have provided an email address.